July 9th, 2007
SpoolCast: Crew Episode 5 – Skimming the Surface
Recorded: June 21st, 2007 from the studios of UIE
Brian Christiansen, UIE Podcast Producer
Duration: 1h 18 min | File size: 36 MB
[ Subscribe to our podcast via iTunes. This link will launch the iTunes application.]
[ Subscribe with other podcast applications.]
This week Jared reunites the SpoolCast Crew (bios) for another roundtable featuring some of the sharpest minds in the industry including:
- Nate Bolt of Bolt-Peters, creator of Ethnio
- DeWayne Purdy of the University of Northern Iowa
- Kyle Pero of Usable Interface
- Daniel Szuc of Apogee Hong Kong
- Joshua Porter of UIE, and bokardo.com
- Rashmi Sinha and Lyle Kantrovich were unable to attend
This week the crew discussed:
- The impact of Apple’s iPhone on the rise and importance of experience design
- The Onion’s Take on the iPhone
- The panel’s experience with their current PC operating systems – Will the iPhone drive more Mac sales?
- Microsoft’s Surface Table Computer – Teaser Video
- Parody of Microsoft’s Surface by Sarcastic Gamer
- Presentations and Second Life
- Higher Ed using Second Life: Ohio University, Case Western Reserve University
We think you’ll enjoy it. We welcome your questions and comments in the comments section.
New: Survey and listener drawing!
We would like to give you an iTunes or Amazon gift card for giving us your feedback on your podcast listening experience. Fill out the following survey and each week we’ll randomly send one survey participant a $25 iTunes or Amazon gift card (your choice). We appreciate your input!
Producer’s note: Unfortunately, there was a little more background noise for this recording than we usually have. We’ve worked hard and tried to eliminate most of it, but some still remains. We apologize if it makes listening a little distracting, but we felt the conversation was too interesting to let go. We hope you agree.Tweet