August 25th, 2008
SpoolCast: Q&A Follow-Up from Galleries Seminar
Recorded: August 18th, 2008
Brian Christiansen, UIE Podcast Producer
Duration: 26m | File size: 15 MB
[ Subscribe to our podcast via iTunes. This link will launch the iTunes application.]
[ Subscribe with other podcast applications.]
[ Text Show Notes Available ]
Brian Christiansen and I recorded a special episode comprised entirely of questions from our customers. On August 14, we held the UIE Virtual Seminar – Galleries: The Hardest Working Pages on Your Site. During the seminar, we received far more questions than time would allow answering. As is tradition, we put together this follow-up podcast to answer even more of your excellent questions.
In this episode, we discussed:
- A review of Gallery pages and their connection to Scent
- How Gallery Pages are special, and a comparison to a Department page
- The role of Galleries in Intranet environments
- We dive into the use of “learn more” links with a little more depth
- Our observations about how users really “browse” the web
- Advice on coping with large numbers of links on Gallery pages, and what links belong there
- A preview of September’s Virtual Seminar on Critiquing
If you missed our live seminar, a recording of Galleries: The Hardest Working Pages on Your Site is available for viewing.
Still have questions or comments about gallery pages? Ask them in the comments below!
(Producer’s note: My apologies to the Discount Tire folks for calling you “Direct Tire” once in the episode. I got it right the second time, though!)Tweet