January 22nd, 2010
Duration: 46m | 25MB
Recorded: November, 2009
Brian Christiansen, UIE Podcast Producer
[ Subscribe to our podcast via ←This link will launch the iTunes application.]
[ Subscribe with other podcast applications.]
Our audience clearly embraced Fred Beecher’s recent Virtual Seminar on prototyping, The Whys, Whats and Hows of Prototyping, because we were nearly buried under all the thoughtful questions we received. It’s clear people are looking for more effective and efficient ways of working through their design ideas. Our Adam Churchill got together with Fred after the seminar to go through the pile and deliver more answers for you.
During the podcast, Adam asked Fred to explore these questions, and more:
- Can you tell us how design differs from prototyping, and where
elements like visual design and wireframing fit in?
- Does prototyping require organizational change? Anything you
recommend when working with others in the organization that aren’t
members of the design team?
- What are the best methods and tools for online testing?
- What recommendations do you have for collaboration when working with
people in different locations, and possibly at different skill levels?
- Which prototyping tools do you recommend, and how do they differ, from low fidelity to high fidelity?
I know you’re going to enjoy this episode because I couldn’t get through editing the audio without pausing to look up some of the resources Fred suggests.
Do you still have prototyping questions? Ask them in the comments below.Tweet